|Play Prayer Song|
Holy Child School (English Medium) Ghaziabad was established in 1959 by "The Sisters of Charity" of Saints Bartholomea Capitanio and Vincenza Gerosa. The institution is owned by the "Sisters of Charity" a body registered under the Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860 and having its headquarters at Calcutta , West Bengal . The institution is named after child Mary, the Mother of Jesus. The Sisters of Charity have been in India since 1860 and they are running schools, colleges, hospitals, orphanages, homes for the aged, leper rehabilitation centres and other such charitable institutions in various parts of the country.
This institute of the Sisters of Charity from the beginning has developed a profound consciousness that education of the youth is a vital component of the charism of its foundress St. Bartholomea Capitanio who held youth "very dear to her heart" and committed herself whole heartedly to their personal growth and development so that they would become agents of change for a just society. We, after the example of our foundress, dedicate ourselves to the education of youth in schools / colleges.
The school closes from 18 May,2015 for summer vacations and re- opens on 1st July , 2015